On 30th September 2016 Foyle Women’s Aid held a multi-agency seminar in the Guildhall, Derry~Londonderry, as part of their 40th Anniversary celebrations. Speakers at this event included the Minister for Justice Claire Sugden, and the also representatives from the various agencies in the local area that Foyle Women’s Aid are in partnership with, including the PSNI, PBNI and WHSCT. The following videos are of all the speakers who took part in the seminar.
1. Anita Robinson from Radio Foyle opens the Foyle Women’s Aid 40th Anniversary Seminar in the Guildhall in Derry~Londonderry
2. Mayor of Derry & Strabane Hilary McClintock welcomes everyone to the Foyle Women’s Aid 40th Anniversary Seminar.
3. Baroness Angela Smith of Basildon sent us a message via video link.
4. Minister for Justice Claire Sugden speaks about domestic abuse and the Justice system
5. Avila Kilmurray is one of the first founders of Women’s Aid in Derry in 1976 – she talks about the early days of the women’s refuge in Pump Street at the height of the troubles in the late 1970s.
6. Kieran Downey from the Western Health & Social Care Trust, talks about partnerships and the value of Interagency Working Groups
7. Anne Sweeney talks about the Northern Ireland Housing Executive’s responses and support for those experiencing domestic abuse
8. Chief Inspector Alan Hutton from the PSNI talks about Policing and Domestic Abuse
9. Derry Singer/Songwriter Paul Casey performs his song ‘Hear My Voice’ which he wrote especially for Foyle Women’s Aid 40th Anniversary
10. Monica McWilliams talks about legislative changes over the years and current research
11. Cheryl Lamont from the Probation Board NI, talks about probation and the prevention of domestic abuse
12. Judge Barney McElholm talks about the first Family Justice Centre in Northern Ireland which will be based in Derry
13. Bert Groen from the European Family Justice Centre Alliance, talks about the development of Family Justice Centres across Europe
14. Foyle Women’s Aid Director Marie Brown closes the 40th Anniversary Seminar