Am I Being Abused?
There are arguments in all relationships, whether these are with a partner, a family member or others close to us. We will do and say things at times that we regret, which may cause those close to us be feel unhappy or hurt. However, if this starts to form into a consistent pattern, then this could be an indication of an abusive relationship.
If you answer YES to one or more of the following questions, this could indicate that you are experiencing domestic abuse:
- Does your partner insist on knowing where you are and who you are with all the time?
- Does your partner check your mobile phone for calls/texts you have made and or received?
- Does he monitor your emails and your internet browsing history?
- Does your partner belittle or humiliate you in front of others?
- Does your partner accuse you of flirting or having affairs?
- Does your partner tell you what to wear?
- Does your partner criticise what you wear?
- Has your partner ever hurt you or threatened to hurt you?
- Has your partner ever hurt or threatened to hurt your children?
- Has your partner ever forced you to do something you didn’t want to do?
- Has your partner ever stopped you from seeing your family and friends?
- Does your partner make you account for any money you spend?
- Has your partner ever threatened to take your children away, or said he would not allow you to take them with you, or even see them, if you left him?
- Has your partner ever threatened to commit suicide if you left him?
- Has your partner ever tried to stop you leaving the house?
- Has your partner ever deliberately damaged or destroyed any of your property?
- Does your partner monitor the mileage on your car?
- Have you ever changed your behaviour because you were afraid of what your partner might say or do to you?