Court Support Service
This service aims to help you if you have to attend court by giving you information and support. We provide:
- Information about what to expect in court, including a chance to visit the court beforehand
- Emotional support in relation to your fears and expectations before your case.
- A private room in the courthouse to wait until your case is dealt with. Free tea and coffee.
- A separate entrance to the court building on request.
- A worker to accompany you and stay with you, who will also help clarify information and liaise with police solicitors and court.
- A chance to discuss the outcome and get more help or information.
This service is available to any woman to has to attend court on an issue related to domestic violence e.g. Non Molestation Orders, Occupancy Orders, Residency Orders, Child Contact, act as a witness in assault and rape cases, separation and divorce.
This service is independent of the police and the courts and is confidential and free of charge.