Children and Young People
Foyle Women’s Aid works to meet the needs of children and young people who have experienced domestic violence. Women’s Aid believes that:
- Domestic Violence impacts negatively on children and young people as victims and witnesses
- Children and young people have a right to safety and support services to enable them to thrive and reach their full potential.
- By supporting mothers who have experienced domestic violence, children and young people are also supported.
- Children and young people have in built resilience, and with appropriate support and early intervention this resilience can be nurtured and developed.
- Partnership working with other agencies is essential to ensure children and young people’s voices are heard and support is available.
Foyle Women’s Aid specialises in tailored children’s programmes including:
Aimed at 5 – 11 year olds, this programme promotes children’s rights to safety and aims to develop self esteem and confidence through fun activities and discussion.
Heading For Healthy Relationships
Aimed at 12 – 16 year olds, this programmes raises awareness regarding the differences between healthy and unhealthy relationships.
This programme is suitable for al children who have experienced Domestic Violence. It promotes self-esteem, assertiveness, exploration and development of children’s feelings. This programme takes children on a journey of self discovery.
A self esteem and self worth programme aimed at female teenagers.
Other services offered include:
- After school club
- School Holiday play schemes
- Specialist group programmes
- Youth Services