We're continually striving to help victims in the North West
Mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, nieces, grandchildren, boys and men—people we know and love.Please Donate Now
Foyle Womens Aid offer Domestic Abuse, Domestic Violence Support in Derry / Londonderry, Strabane, Limavady & Dungiven
Foyle Womens Aid is a charity based in Derry ~ Londonderry, Northern Ireland. We exist to eliminate domestic violence and domestic abuse, through raising awareness, preventive educational advise & support, our domestic abuse & domestic violence services cover Derry, Londonderry, Strabane, Limavady & Dungiven
Some of Our Services
Foyle Women’s Aid offers secure, supported, short term accommodation at confidential locations.
Foyle Women’s Aid works to meet the needs of children and young people who have experienced domestic violence.
Foyle Women’s Aid offers specialist community support services to women in the Foyle, Limavady and Strabane areas.
We aim to help you if you have to attend court by giving you information and support.
What’s New on Our Blog
Sadly for women in abusive relationships a holiday does not mean a break from abuse and for some it can result in a terrifying escalation […]
Over 27,000 incidents of domestic abuse were recorded by the police in Northern Ireland last year but only a third of these resulted in […]
Foyle Women’s Aid is pleased to announce the launch of its newly redesigned website today. Technology has moved on since we last created our site, […]
Values, Ethos and Beliefs
Values, Ethos and Beliefs
Our work is underpinned by an ethos of self help and mutual support, for women, with women, by women.
Foyle Women’s Aid is a value based organisation, prioritising respect, understanding, shared learning, trust in clients, providing a non-judgemental service and challenging negative and stereotypical attitudes and beliefs surrounding domestic abuse. Foyle Women’s Aid values self-help and aims to enable clients to help themselves. Furthermore, it promotes both the rights of women and that of people in general.
We believe that:
- with support, women can survive domestic abuse and make positive changes in their lives.
- with support, children can survive domestic abuse and move positively into adulthood.
- the most effective method of safeguarding children is to protect mothers.
- domestic abuse is complex and can be best tackled by inter-agency working.
- domestic abuse is a violation of the human rights principle, that we are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
- domestic abuse is a direct consequence of the unequal position of women in society and if discrimination is left unchallenged, violence against women will continue.
- by actively promoting equality and diversity, we can build a society where domestic violence is unacceptable.
Our domestic abuse & domestic violence services cover Derry, Londonderry, Strabane, Limavady & Dungiven
Thanks to all Our Funders